AREA OF PRACTICE
Suzanne Gilleese is of counsel with Berman and Sable LLC, practicing in the area of commercial litigation involving contract disputes, the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act, foreclosures, and business torts. Ms. Gilleese's practice also includes appellate litigation in state courts, enforcement of judgments, mechanics' liens, condominium law, and commercial landlord/tenant law.
Ms. Gilleese received her Master of Arts Honors degree from the University of Aberdeen, in Scotland, in July 1990. In May 1996, she received her law degree from the Syracuse University College of Law. During law school, Ms. Gilleese was a co-lead articles editor of the Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce. She also received the Journal of International Law and Commerce Gavel Award and a CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Constitutional Law.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS & ADMISSIONS
- Member, Hartford County Bar Association
- Admitted to practice in Connecticut
- Admitted to practice in New York
- Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- Admitted to practice in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
OTHER WORK EXPERINCE
- Adjunct Instructor, University of Connecticut School of Law, Moot Court Program, January 2005, January 2006.
- "Facilitating Technology Transfer: Computer Software Development and Cooperative Research and Development Agreements", Vol. 1, Syracuse Journal of Legislation and Policy (1995).
- "The European Union's General Product Safety Directive: Another Call for U.S. Exporters to Comply with the ISO 9000 Series", Vol. 22, Syracuse Journal of International Law & Commerce (1996).
- Judge, Yale Mock Trial Invitational Tournament, December 2010, December 2011, December 2012
- Judge, New Haven Regional Mock Trial Tournament (Yale Univ.), February 2009, February 2011, February 2014
- Judge, Moot Court, University of Connecticut School of Law, January 2001-2004, 2007-2008, 2010